The Roselle Park Veterans Memorial Library, located in the Borough of Roselle Park, NJ, is seeking a dynamic, friendly, and detail-oriented Part-Time Youth Services Librarian to join our library. The ideal candidate should be personable and self-motivated, with excellent communication, customer service, and technology skills. Must be a team player.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Provide storytime, summer reading program, and programming throughout the year.
• Responsible for ordering, cataloging, and collection maintenance.
• Promote library programs via social media and outreach.
• Assist with programming, displays, flyers, and other publicity materials.
• Troubleshoot patron issues and provide reference services.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have knowledge of children’s and youth services literature and programming.
• Must possess expertise in Microsoft Office, social media, and proficiency with digital apps.
• Maintain working relationships with community organizations, the public, and colleagues.
• Learn the library’s automated circulation system, policies, and procedures.
• Bend, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
• MLS is preferred, but current MLIS students will also be considered.
• Prior experience in youth services is preferred, but not required.
• Computer expertise with email, search engines, Windows and Microsoft, and social media.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Familiarity with SirsiDynix system preferred, but training will be provided.
• General knowledge of library policies, procedures, and practices a plus.
• Work schedule will include: Four days a week and one Saturday a month for a total of 25 hours a week. Additional hours possible to cover other shifts when needed.
Compensation: $29.03 per hour.
How To Apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Audra Osorio, Library Director, 404 Chestnut Street, Roselle Park, NJ 07204 or .
Employment is contingent upon completion of a reference check, and approval by the Library Board of Trustees. Position is open until filled. Please Note: The Library will only contact candidates they wish to interview.